Friday, May 24, 2013

Skinny Jeans

By the title I assume you can guess what my excitement was this morning...  I got back into my skinny (the style, not the weight-- still got about 10 lbs to hit before I'm there) jeans today.  I had them nicely folded up in the back of my closet and thought, well I'll give it a try.  I am lucky enough to be able to wear jeans to work during the summer and I was only able to fit into three pairs that I owned, well make that four now.  Super excited because I haven't had these on in a few months-- I phased them out with my boots which I told myself was because of the boots but reality was they were just too tight.  I mean I could get them buttoned-- but hear me on this folks, JUST BECAUSE IT ZIPS DON'T MEAN IT FITS.

Yesterday was a long day and Chad had a family emergency so the evening was kind of a blur.  However, I did pack us a bag of snacks for the hospital because from what I know of hospitals I doubted there was much we could find to eat.  Luckily we didn't end needing it because the news we initially got wasn't as bad as the reality of the situation. So we didn't end up going up to the hospital.

The earlier part of day was a great day for our Paleo journey.  Chad came up to Clarksville so we could have a lunch date and we ate at Ruby Tuesday's.  I probably haven't eat at a Ruby Tuesday's in 2 years and I have to say I was SUPER impressed by their healthy menu options and even better, low prices!  Chad and I both had a sirloin steak, the garden bar (which is as amazing as it always has been), and spaghetti squash.  Chad also had an extra side of grilled zucchini which was phenomenal!

Spaghetti squash was new to both of us and I was extra anxious to try it to see if it would help curb some of those grain cravings-- it didn't help they brought out biscuits and set them right in front of us.  Lesson learned:  politely decline the bread.  I swear at one point I heard it calling my name!  LOL.  The spaghetti squash as a side on it's okay was, well,okay.  Not bad, not good, I could eat it but it wasn't something I will chose from now on.  However, I do think used like spaghetti with a tomato sauce and meat on top of it that it will be a great pasta substitute!

For those of you that are interested in starting this journey for yourself or your family I do want to recommend a few books.  All of them are quick reads but have some really great pointers and tips to get you started.  The best part, you can purchase all three of them on Kindle for around $25!


This is a great read if you are looking to make a lifestyle change for your whole family.  Sarah has kids and does a wonderful job outlining the basic premise of Paleo and how you can make it family friendly.  There are also a few jump start recipes listed in there for you as well.  If you can only purchase one book right now, I would pick this one!

This is a great resource for recipes beyond what is included in her books.  Give you lots of various food categories and menu selections as well.  Haven't tried anything out of this yet and haven't really read through it too much to be honest, but I know it will be a good go-to when the feeling of monotony sets in.

This book was extremely helpful in understanding the core concepts of the diet.  Most of the information was repetitive from Everyday Paleo, but I found the wording and layout to be easier to digest (no pun intended, okay maybe a little) so if you can get this one too I would.  It also has some really great recipes in there as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment