Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sharing a little secret...

Today I woke up and decided to weigh.  >Insert dramatic sound here<

They say a woman should never tell her weight, but for the sake of the blog I feel it's necessary.  I am happy to report that I am already 4 lbs down.... crazy, yes!  I am back under 130 (okay, well 129.5, but hey it counts!) and that is really my "I'm okay with my body" weight limit.  If we are being honest here, body image has really been a struggle for me this past few months as I have been over that ideal weight anywhere from 3-8 lbs and when you are 5'3" that can mean a big difference in your waistline and thighs.

Today was a big day for me and I am ready to see what the total transformation will look like.  Now please let me preface this with the fact that I do lose weight fairly easily from what I have been told by others, but Chad is also seeing results too.  I will be kind and not share his weight because it's not mine to share, but as his wife I am seeing tone in his stomach that wasn't there at the beach...  ALL FROM A FEW DAYS!  This is crazy!

So here is how our day went yesterday:

BREAKFAST
I had an assortment of sliced fresh fruit (pineapple, kiwi, strawberry, melon, etc) and it was my first time using coconut milk creamer in my coffee.  To be honest, I can't really even tell a difference in my coffee other than I didn't add about 6 tbsp of sugar (no joke) to it.  The creamer taste just like normal dairy based creamers.  This is a good thing-- because this girl NEEDS her coffee!

LUNCH
 We went to eat at Blackhorse and what I ordered wasn't much of a change for me.  I usually order the Sweet Summertime Salad with Grilled Chicken anyways.  The only difference was I did the dressing on the side and asked them to hold the bleu cheese and roll (best not to even see it!).  The hardest part was watching everyone else eat their beer cheese dip and chips...  UGH!

DINNER
Yesterday for dinner we encountered our first-- will we cave or stay strong issue.  Every Wednesday night we spend our evenings at the church helping with "The Vine", ECN's youth group.  Part of the night consists of us all eating dinner together and the menu was one of my favorites, LASAGNA...  Which completely and totally goes against all things Paleo.  The good news is I am happy to report that we stayed strong.  We did opt for convenience by getting combo (shrimp, chicken, beef) fajitas from the local Mexican restaurant to go and just ate the meat and veggies (no tortillas and even sadder, no chips and cheese dip!-- apparently I really love me some chips and cheese dip) but compared to what we would have eaten I felt like we stayed on the right path.

Overall, the day yesterday was much easier than the first because I prepared.  I packed a lunch bag with snacks (Emerald dark chocolate covered almond 100 calories packs and an apple) and was able to stay full throughout most of the day.  I feel like this is going good-- here's to staying this motivated for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment