Thursday, June 9, 2011

--- Lake Time ---

I am little behind in my blogging, okay behind may be a bit of an understatement.  Things have been a little crazy around the Mitchell household these past few weeks.  Mainly though we have just been spending a lot of time outside soaking up the summer sun.  I love the summer time and being able to get outside and get active.  It is so nice to be able to spend some quality family time together outdoors instead of inside in front of the tv or having to go to Clarksville to do anything.



We recently purchased a Moomba Mobius LSV boat so most of our summer sun time has involved going to the lake.  Trace is constantly telling us, "Wanna go to wake and swim wiff tha isshhh!"  Trace has turned into a little swimmer this year, even getting in the water without holding on to Mommy or Daddy (but wearing a life jacket of course).  I originally was not sure how Trace would feel about the lake because he used to hate water getting in his eyes.  We also had an accidental fall into the lake when the water was just 61 degrees!  We were out for a evening ride in April and Trace was splashing his feet on the platform and reached just a little too far.  He came up screaming, but after some mommy cuddle time and warm towels he was standing back on the platform by the end of the hour.  After our little accident I was anxious that he may not get back in the water at all for this season.  Much to our surprise our trouble is getting Trace out of the water, not in it!


Noal on the other hand doesn't care much for boating.  I can't say I blame him, he has to sit in a life jacket that keeps his little neck straight up and is really uncomfortable if he is trying to sleep.  However; we don't waiver the life jacket rule on the Mitchell Moomba!  Noal does enjoy the water and riding, but when we are just floating so Trace can swim and he just has to sit in the boat he is not a happy camper.  I am sure next year when he can wear a puddle jumper and get in the water to swim because his tubes have fallen out he will love the lake as much as Trace does.  For now we either take Yaya along to help or leave him at home with a sitter; which he enjoys much more!


As for Daddy and me, we are just spending time learning how to wakeboard.  I was pretty excited because I hadn't tried in three years to wakeboard because I was pregnant, nursing, and then pregnant again.  Needless to say when I got up on the first try I was extremely excited.  Chad is doing really well learning how to jump the wake and for now I am just still excited that I get up on the water.  Pictures of that to come later. 

All in all I am glad that it is summer time, now if I could just get a job where I get summers off things would be perfect...  Hello grad school!


No comments:

Post a Comment