Wednesday, July 27, 2011

--- Britney, Doctors, and Life ---

These past few weeks have been awful busy.  There has been so much going on in our lives that my head is spinning...  To say that I am ready for September so life will start to slow down is an understatement.  So here is a little of what has been happening in the Mitchell household lately:

    
  1. Mommy took a much needed girl's weekend to Atlanta with Jodi and Bridget.  Jodi and Bridget are two of my sorority sisters from college and two of my dearest friends.  The concert was amazing and I still stand by the fact that I would have paid the $25 I spent on the ticket just to go people watch.  We all had a blast and I can't wait to do another girl's weekend with them very soon.
  2. 
    Bridget, Megan, Jodi - Before the concert.
    
    Just some of the interesting attire we saw that night.
    
    BRITNEY
    
  3. Noal went to see a pulmonologist at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital.  He has been wheezing since Christmas and Dr. Roads, our pediatrician, finally decided it was time to examine what was causing it a little further.  The doctors at Vanderbilt was amazing and even though it was scary to take your baby in under those circumstances, seeing the other kids there made me realize just how lucky we are to have two healthy boys.  Turns out Noal just has some loose cartilage above his vocal chords that rattle when he breathes, making it sound like he is wheezing.  It should clear up by the time he is two.  We were so fortunate that it turned out to be something so simple.
  4. I have been having some severe chest pain for about two weeks, to the point that I can't eat because it hurts so bad.  Good for the waistline, but not good for my energy!  I went to see a gasteroenterologist to see what was going on and unfortunately had to have an EGD scope done.  To have the scope you have to be put under so I had to get an IV and I was scared to death.  I hate needles and through both pregnancies I had some pretty bad experiences with my IV's.  Luckily my nurse was awesome and basically I told her that was the best hour of sleep I have had in 4 years, prior to pregnancies and kiddos!  Turns out things are okay with me too!  I had some ulcers in my esophagus that are causing the pain, but they are curable with antibiotics.  Our family has been very blessed lately!


That catches up to speed on the Mitchell family madness for now.  In other family news, Chad's brother Travis recently got engaged to Megan Cleghern.  I am so happy for the two of them and I am really looking forward to having Megan as a sis-in-law.  Cheers to the Megan C. Mitchell's squared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment